A teeth cleaning session is a great way to keep your smile looking its best. Here are the 8 benefits of teeth cleanings:
- They Help Remove build-up and plaque that can cause gum disease and other oral problems.
- They Help Freshen Breath and Kill Bad Bacteria – Good oral hygiene habits include brushing and flossing, but those alone do not always get rid of all the bacteria on your toothbrush. A professional teeth cleaning will help remove all the built up plaque and bacteria from your teeth, which will help improve your breath and overall oral health!
- They Keep Your Teeth Looking Sharper – If you go too long without a teeth cleaning, plaque can build up on enamel, leading to tooth decay and even gum disease. By getting regular cleanings, you’ll keep your smile looking bright while preserving its integrity!
Preparation: What do you need to take before your teeth cleaning appointment?
Tooth cleaning is an important part of preventive care, and it’s important to make sure you’re prepared for your appointment. Here are some key things you need to take before your appointment:
– A full dental examination to determine if any dental work needs to be done in addition to teeth cleaning.
– The patient’s oral health history including any recent oral surgeries or dental treatments.
– Any medications or supplements that the patient takes.
– Any special dietary restrictions that the patient has, such as avoiding coffee, tea, and milk before a teeth cleaning appointment.
– Any contact lenses that the patient wears.
– A copy of the patient’s medical history, if there are any unusual medical conditions or medications that could affect dental hygiene.
Procedure: What is involved during a teeth cleaning session?
Before beginning a teeth cleaning session, the dentist will review your dental history and perform a thorough oral exam. This will help the dentist determine which teeth require cleaning and which tooth-cleaning techniques are best for your individual case.
To clean your teeth, the dentist will use special instruments called dental flossers or brush heads. These devices work by sweeping away plaque and calculus from between your teeth. The process can be tedious, but it is important to have regular teeth cleanings to keep your smile looking its best!
Aftercare: What should you do after your teeth cleaning appointment?
If you have a dental appointment, there are a few things you should do after your cleaning. First, brush your teeth and gums thoroughly. Second, drink plenty of water to rinse away the cleaning solution. Finally, floss and brush your teeth again at least once a day.
Houston residents should schedule regular teeth cleanings to keep their pearly whites looking their best. Regular dental check-ups can also help identify and prevent oral health problems before they become major. At our Houston dental office, we offer a variety of affordable tooth cleaning services that are sure to help keep your smile looking beautiful.